Businesses, who are certified as DVB, are at least 51% owned, controlled, and actively managed by an identified service-disabled veteran and serve a useful business function. The service-disabled veteran owner has demonstrated that they: 1) Have a certificate of release or discharge from active duty (Form DD214); 2) Reside in Wisconsin; and 3) Have a disability rating of at least 0% with the Department of Veteran's Affairs or an Armed Services Branch.
Eligible disabled veterans must:
1. Have a Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (Form DD214)
2. Be Residents of Wisconsin
3. Have a Disability Rating of at least 0% with the Department of Veteran's Affairs or an Armed Services Branch
Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses Must:
1. Be organized as either sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, LLC, or joint venture. DVB firms must be organized on a for profit basis; therefore, nonprofit and 501(c)(3) businesses are not eligible for DVB certification
2. Must currently be performing a useful business function, i.e. has customers other than the State of Wisconsin
3. Must be formed, or have its ownership/control changed, 1+ years prior to an application for certification
For businesses who are a subsidiary or affiliate, the parent company must be at least 51% owned by a service-disabled veteran.
There is a $150 fee for DVB Certification Applications.