EIR will guarantee loans to projects that retool, repower, repurpose, or replace energy infrastructure that has ceased operations, or enable operating energy infrastructure to avoid, reduce, utilize, or sequester air pollutants or anthropogenic emissions of greenhouse gases.
(1) are located in the United States at one location,
(2) employ New or Significantly Improved Technologies,
(3) avoid, reduce, utilize or sequester air pollutants or anthropogenic emissions of greenhouse gases, and
(4) are from any of the categories in the following list:
- renewable energy systems
- hydrogen fuel cell technology
- carbon capture, utilization, and sequestration practices and technologies
- efficient electrical generation, transmission, and distribution technologies
- efficient end-use energy technologies
- production facilities for the manufacture of fuel-efficient vehicles or parts of those vehicles
- pollution control equipment; energy storage technologies for residential, industrial, transportation, and power generation applications; or
- technologies or processes for reducing greenhouse gas emissions from industrial applications.
Focus on Energy is Wisconsin’s statewide energy efficiency and renewable resource program funded by the state’s investor-owned energy utilities and participating municipal and electric cooperative utilities.