Economic Development, Workforce
Worker Connection Program
The Worker Connection Program will ensure that eligible individuals attempting to reengage in the workforce have the information and support necessary to overcome barriers that may inhibit their full participation in the labor force and be connected with training programs that lead to high-demand, well-paying careers.
Worker Connections has no restrictions on individual eligibility but will focus on helping those impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and related recession, including workers who need assistance in finding jobs with family-sustaining wages and employers in need of workers.
- Fund up to 40 project position career coaches in two regions of the state.
- Career coaches will serve as navigators and help participants understand available options, empower career-seekers to make the right choices for themselves, and connect them to employment and supportive services, as necessary.
- In-demand sector-focused trainings offered in partnership with employers who are ready to hire.
- Career coaches will help individuals find the right fit for them in the workforce system while leveraging existing funding resources behind the scenes.
- Coaches will maintain communication and offer long-term guidance.
Health & Mental Health, Sustainability, Workforce
WI Bureau of Environmental and Occupational Health (BEOH)
Wisconsin Department of Health Services
The Bureau promotes public health through statewide programs to increase public awareness of environmental and occupational health hazards and disease and works to prevent and control exposure to environmental and occupational health hazards.