Business, Economic Development, Native Peoples, Start-Up & Entrepreneur
Small Business Technical Assistance Program
The purpose of GLITC’s Small Business Technical Assistance Program is to: Provide small business training and technical assistance to facilitate Native small business startup; Create and retain jobs through Native small business development; And support Native Americans in becoming more economically independent and financially secure.
Business technical assistance efforts develop sustainable and financially stronger business enterprises. These enterprises create jobs and generate income and investment in communities while attracting and retaining needed community goods and services.
The emphasis of the program is to provide one-on-one technical assistance for individual entrepreneurs. The program is offered as the first stop for persons interested in beginning or expanding a business and needing assistance. Every effort is maintained to keep abreast of all programs available to Native American entrepreneurs. Individuals are connected with other outside resources and agencies as deemed appropriate.
The program provides technical assistance to tribal enterprises and Indian businesses located on the reservation or off the reservation that directly benefit the economy of the reservation to include developing a business and marketing plan; securing development financing; and gaining access to tribal, state, and federal business assistance and financing.
Tribal enterprises and Indian businesses located on the reservation or off the reservation that directly benefit the economy of the reservation.
- Understand entrepreneurial skills and requirements for business readiness
- Develop a business plan for a new business or an expansion
- Pursue certification as a Native-owned, Minority or Woman-Owned Disadvantaged Business
- Provide guidance on acquiring business licenses
- Provide assistance in areas such as marketing, management, finance and planning
- Acquire knowledge and tools to better manage your money
- Understand loans and lenders, utilize credit and improve your credit worthiness
- Improve job seeking and interviewing skills and prepare a resume